Wednesday, February 3, 2010


A LOT!


Review for Graceling
By Kristian Cashore
Stars I'll Give:4.8

Summary:

In Katsa's world, the "Graced," those gifted in a particular way, are marked by eyes that are different colors. Katsa's Grace is that she is a gifted fighter, and, as such, she is virtually invincible. She is in the service of her tyrannical uncle, king of one of the seven kingdoms, and she is forced to torture people for infractions against him. She has secretly formed the Council, which acts in the service of justice and fairness for those who have been accused and abused. Readers meet her as she is rescuing the father of the Lienid king, who has been abducted. The reasons for his capture are part of a tightening plot that Katsa unravels and resolves, with the help of Prince Po, the captive's grandson. He has his own particular Grace, and he becomes Katsa's lover and partner in what becomes a mortally dangerous mission. Cashore's style is exemplary: while each detail helps to paint a picture, the description is always in the service of the story, always helping readers to a greater understanding of what is happening and why. This is gorgeous storytelling: exciting, stirring, and accessible. Fantasy and romance readers will be thrilled.—Sue Giffard, Ethical Culture Fieldston School, New York City
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

My Review:
Graceling was a very very great book. The plot was good and I pictured the story perfectly. I like how you could tell if the people were Graced by their eyes. One of the reasons I chose this book was because my name was part of the title and the lady at the checkout in a local bookstore was almost forcing me to buy it. About five days later I started it and didn't understand what was happening so I stopped. Now three months later I'm writing a review on it. I liked the characters and their attitudes. They were very well developed. However, with Katsa, she really didn't act her complete age till about halfway through the book, but then progressed. I was also shocked with what happened at the end...

If I had to choose my grace it would be good luck. My eyes would be light blue and dark violet.

If you liked this book then read Savvy by Ingrid Law.


Reading Log
January 2010

The Prophecy of Sisters by Michelle Zink
Impossible bu Nancy Werlin
Along For the Ride by Sarah Dessen
The Sea of Monsters by Rick Rordan
The Titans Curse by Rick Rordan
The Seven Rays by Jessica Berdinger
Masquerade by Melissa De La Cruz
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Graceling by Kristian Cashore

BOOK OF THE MONTH FOR JANUARY GOES TO IF I STAY!!! BEST BOOK! RUNNER UP IS ALONG FOR THE RIDE.

Re review on The Seven Rays
Stars:3.5

This book is really three, but the cover design is amazing. Now that I really think about it this book was only okay. The thing is I guess I wanted it to be good so I put in my mind it was good. The idea of the story was excellent, just the way it was written wasn't. The characters to perfect, and some inappropriate parts as well. Love at first sight? Get real! It also confused me a little bit. There were good parts though. I cannot say them without revealing the whole story though. I hope they make a movie because it probably would be better than the book.



THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment